New Ideas and Suggestions

Want to shape colwiz with your ideas? Let us know your ideas and suggestions, and together, we will make colwiz even more awesome!

I think...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Touch Screen Compatible Highlighter

Allow the highlighter to be used with a finger or stylus on a touch screen, instead of having to use a mouse.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  colwiz Reader  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Improve metadata collection from imported citations

Even if I imprt the publicatoin from pubmed the metadata like volume, pages, year don't get automatically improted. This need to be fixed urgently otherwise it will cost us so much time to do it again.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Library  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Folder Flexibility

It would be nice if it would be possible to move the folders of the Library and to achieve more flexibility. So new projects (folder) may be also listed above and not as the lowest folder

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Library  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Edit publications in Groups

Currently, it is not possible, to edit a publication in a group. Maybe, because it is just linked to the main entry. But the problem is that the title formatting (i. e. species names in italics) is lost. Also, if I click on the group's entry, the formatting gets also lost in the main entry. That's a bug, i think.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Zotero importer ignores italic text

I switch over to colwiz because it supports Google Docs. After importing my library from Zotero, all text marked in italics (i. e. species names in titles) disappeared. Now I have to edit all publications and retype the html tag for italics (<i>E. coli</i>). That's quite a lot of work.
    It would be better to import this information as well.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Do the LaTeX rendering via MathJax

Use MathJax for rendering LaTeX formulas in notes.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Google docs plugin "insert citation" improvements

Currently the search function of the insert citation only works on titles. It would be a vast improvement if it allowed searching for author etc.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Plugins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Subgroup in library

I think it would be nice if you include the option to have subgroups in the individual groups.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. it really hard to open multiple attachments at same time

so I suggest to Open attached files in new tap.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. it is better allow to organize articles into different folders

it is better allow to organize articles into different folders. at this moment one can not move articles into folder just copy ... which duplicate articles in library .

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. android app

The choices in the app are a little weak.
    I would like to add an folder for recently added and recently read.

But I love that I can use Adobe pdf Reader -- do not change that!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Android Phone/Tablet  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Crucial

1- It will be a marvellous app/programme/website, if you can integrate Colwiz with Jabref (since Jabref is also written in Java) and/or Kbibtex. Extracting citations in Bibtex form will be much easier than now.

2- It is interesting not to see New Hart's (Oxford) style in a website/app prepared by researchers of Oxford University. It will be very kind of you if you can add it to the options.

3- Finally but momentous, it will be amazing if you can make google scholar to recognize -just and only- the articles shared to all world in Colwiz.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Enhancing PDF saving

When saving a PDF on a drive, automatic naming based on cilation data will be great e.g. FirstName_date_title.pdf

Saving all the PDF from a folder at the same time will also be great - We may need to make a backup or to share a folder content.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Android Phone/Tablet  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. It will be very nice to have the option to link other cloud disk (such as Google drive etc) as limited available drive space

It will be very nice to have the option to link other cloud disk or drives (such as Google drive etc) as limited available drive space colwiz is provided

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Plugins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Folder management

Hello! I'm new to colwiz but it is instantly loveable, easy and great to use. Yet, I have two short suggestions for the android app:

1. Could you allow the app to delete articles, create folders and move them between them?
    2. Could you add support for the smart folders in the app?

Thanks I lot, I appreciate your work and help

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Android Phone/Tablet  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add support for high DPI screens

Windows 8 scaling makes the UI appear very blurry, but disabling the scaling makes the UI too small to be usable. The software seems like exactly what I'd like, but I am unable to use it sadly.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Search by subject

The search function gives me a too broad set of articles. It would be more useful if there was an option to specify subject, e.g. marketing, nursing, engineering, social media, advertising.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Highlight and androud

I just love this software. There only two things I'm not really pleased with. First I would like to highlight words and sentences instead of just rectangles. Secondly the reader should also be available on the Android version. This would really make a deference.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  colwiz Reader  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Import Profile info from LinkedIn upon linking accounts

When you link up your account to LinkedIn, it should suggest importing the data from the profile to populate the profile of new colwiz users.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

New Ideas and Suggestions

Feedback and Knowledge Base