New Ideas and Suggestions

Want to shape colwiz with your ideas? Let us know your ideas and suggestions, and together, we will make colwiz even more awesome!

I think...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. More powerful search function accross the entire app

I think BOTH the web-based app and desktop app need more powerful search across the entire article database; article keywords, abstracts, publication notes, text within the PDFs, internal PDF notes/highlights, etc. The internal PDF search is good for a single PDF, but this functionality needs to work in search for all available articles and content. As a writer/researcher I'm tying together ideas/notes from hundreds of articles and these need to be instantly searchable alongside the article content.

Google Drive is the only app that can satisfy this search requirement. If colwiz could take that functionality, or integrate with google drive,…

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Library  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Firstly, thank you for your valuable comments, such feedback is integral to continuous improvement of our software. Our search function is undergoing substantial modification at present. Currently we are focusing on expediting database searches to minimise delays when users search and add new references to their colwiz Library. This process is nearing completion, at which point we aim to incorporate more of the search functionality you describe, into both our Desktop and Web applications.

Regarding your side note, we agree that several companies fail to the hit mark by trying to address too many concerns through one application. However, we believe our core objective, which aims to accelerate research by providing reference management, collaboration and productivity features in an all-in-one workspace environment, will help save researchers time by not having to switch between applications. We recognise that some of our core features still require refinement, and are working hard…

2. Integrated PDF reader for the Android app

Using a third-party reader is a bad idea because annotations can not be treated as meta-data that can be later used as such in the desktop app (they will just be embedded in the pdf files).

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Android Phone/Tablet  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Correcting details of an article

Some of the citation data may not be correct or incomplete. You have provided an option to edit the fields of each citation entry manual. Considering the tools already available in Colwiz, that is not an efficient solution. I am suggesting for you to make this correction of citation details automatic by using online searching of Google scholar or any other database where such information available.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Shemsedin,

Many thanks for your suggestion. We have a variety of exciting updates that are due for release in the coming weeks – please standby! Currently, using an article’s doi to source correct citation information through the 30+ databases in colwiz is a quick and easy method to update entries that display incorrect info.

Warm regards,
    colwiz Team

4. In app pdf viewer

Instead of a separate app.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. It will be very nice to have the option to link other cloud disk (such as Google drive etc) as limited available drive space

It will be very nice to have the option to link other cloud disk or drives (such as Google drive etc) as limited available drive space colwiz is provided

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Plugins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Enhancing PDF saving

When saving a PDF on a drive, automatic naming based on cilation data will be great e.g. FirstName_date_title.pdf

Saving all the PDF from a folder at the same time will also be great - We may need to make a backup or to share a folder content.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add pdf preview panel

PDF preview side panel will be a great enhancement. One best remembers a paper by its visual appearance.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Improvments on PDF Reader

The PDF Reader needs some improvments:

- Please make it faster and more fluid (both when openning documents and when scrolling through pages)
    - Make the highlighting tool more intuitive by allowing the user to select text and then highlight (the Apple iBook's way is really convenient in this regard) instead of drawing a rectangle!
    - Also please make the highlighting feature compatible to other apps, so if I import a pdf document with some highlighted text, done in say adobe reader, the colwiz reader should be able to recognise that and allow me to edit/remove it like the native…

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Library  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. lab notebook

Hello colwiz team,

I think that an electronic lab notebook where we could add for example information of some experiments and together add the output of the experiment as some pictures or charts in the same page would be very useful. In this way we could keep on track about all experiments and compare them... I know that in the description part of a task where we could describe it, but if we could insert all information in a specific label developed for it it would be much better...

Best Regards and congrats for you great job!

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We do have plans to revamp our Tasks management interface and introducing more sections for storing/displaying more information will be something we’ll work on.

You make a great suggestion about having an area for displaying results and outcomes. We’ll surely take this into consideration. Thanks for posting :)

10. Dropbox needed.

Could you integrate Dropbox? That would be awsome.
    Other managment programs are doing this integration (like Azendo and as far as I understand Asana was going to also.)
    Thanks for this awsome program.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Plugins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for the compliment! We are constantly improving colwiz and integration with Dropbox is something we can definitely look into in the near future. Many thanks for the feedback. Keep an eye on our blog posts and twitter feeds :)

colwiz Team

11. Citation plugin for 'Pages' (mac writing software)

I started exploring your app yesterday, and as a PHD student I have to say it is by far the most useful citation software I have been able to find.

My suggestion->
    For the desktop app: Please provide 'cite as you write' or something similar that enable inserting citations, and adding bibliography automatically, for the 'Pages' writing software for Mac.

Also, I noted that annotations made in external editors display as 'strike-through' in mac desktop application, making highlighted text unreadable.

Thank you for a great application

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey there!

We’re humbled by your compliment. We put in a lot of effort to make sure that all the required features and necessary tools are built into colwiz. Feedback like yours is very valuable as it helps us do that.

As you are aware, colwiz supports Word, Open Office and LaTeX editors on Mac. We will certainly consider adding support for Pages in future.

We will keep updated on its progress and hopefully have it resolved by the time the next update rolls out.

Many thanks for the feedback. Stay in touch and have a great day :)

12. Importing Mendeley's notes and pdf annotation would be nice!

I am one of the ones who spent quite some time relying on apps like Mendeley. colwiz has more to add to the competition, which can be worth dealing with the fact that notes and annotations created in, e.g., Mendeley are not imported here.

It would be nice to see this feature available. Thanks!

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add smart collections

Collections are nice, but smart collections are better (collections automatically created based on keywords, search results, etc...).

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Read/unread differentiation

In Mendeley there is a column where you can see if you have read or opened an article or not. I think this functionality is so valuable and I would like to see it in Colwiz

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

Many thanks for taking the time to make this suggestion, which we agree would be a neat feature! This has been ticketed for future implementation with our development team.

Best wishes,
    colwiz Team

15. Import Profile info from LinkedIn upon linking accounts

When you link up your account to LinkedIn, it should suggest importing the data from the profile to populate the profile of new colwiz users.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Highlight and androud

I just love this software. There only two things I'm not really pleased with. First I would like to highlight words and sentences instead of just rectangles. Secondly the reader should also be available on the Android version. This would really make a deference.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  colwiz Reader  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. multiple attachments

Colwiz provides options for upload/display one attached link, one publication, one poll, one file or some equations(not sure if the number is one or not 'cause I didn't check this), which is very good. However, it is also a common case to share multiple files at one time when posting an idea or starting a discussion inside a project. Plus for the replies I didn't find any way to attach links/files/publictions/equations or anything else to respond. It could be better if these two functions are added to the next version of ColWiz. Thanks.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow creating recurring events in calendar

Allow creating recurring events in calendar like regular group meetings

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

We understand the importance of this feature. Your request has been passed on to our development team for future integration. Please note there are a number of high priority cases we are dealing with at present, and as such we can not provide an accurate timeline for implementation of this function. Many thanks for the post!

colwiz Team

20. Tell the user whether import succeeded ot not

At the moment it can silently fail, perhaps because the paper is already there, and perhaps not.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for posting. Try downloading the latest version of colwiz off our website and see if the problem persists.

Also mention the source which you are importing from.

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

New Ideas and Suggestions

Feedback and Knowledge Base