New Ideas and Suggestions

Want to shape colwiz with your ideas? Let us know your ideas and suggestions, and together, we will make colwiz even more awesome!

I think...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Touch Screen Compatible Highlighter

Allow the highlighter to be used with a finger or stylus on a touch screen, instead of having to use a mouse.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  colwiz Reader  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Improve metadata collection from imported citations

Even if I imprt the publicatoin from pubmed the metadata like volume, pages, year don't get automatically improted. This need to be fixed urgently otherwise it will cost us so much time to do it again.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Library  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Folder Flexibility

It would be nice if it would be possible to move the folders of the Library and to achieve more flexibility. So new projects (folder) may be also listed above and not as the lowest folder

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Library  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Zotero importer ignores italic text

I switch over to colwiz because it supports Google Docs. After importing my library from Zotero, all text marked in italics (i. e. species names in titles) disappeared. Now I have to edit all publications and retype the html tag for italics (<i>E. coli</i>). That's quite a lot of work.
    It would be better to import this information as well.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Edit publications in Groups

Currently, it is not possible, to edit a publication in a group. Maybe, because it is just linked to the main entry. But the problem is that the title formatting (i. e. species names in italics) is lost. Also, if I click on the group's entry, the formatting gets also lost in the main entry. That's a bug, i think.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Do the LaTeX rendering via MathJax

Use MathJax for rendering LaTeX formulas in notes.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Subgroup in library

I think it would be nice if you include the option to have subgroups in the individual groups.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. it is better allow to organize articles into different folders

it is better allow to organize articles into different folders. at this moment one can not move articles into folder just copy ... which duplicate articles in library .

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. it really hard to open multiple attachments at same time

so I suggest to Open attached files in new tap.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Crucial

1- It will be a marvellous app/programme/website, if you can integrate Colwiz with Jabref (since Jabref is also written in Java) and/or Kbibtex. Extracting citations in Bibtex form will be much easier than now.

2- It is interesting not to see New Hart's (Oxford) style in a website/app prepared by researchers of Oxford University. It will be very kind of you if you can add it to the options.

3- Finally but momentous, it will be amazing if you can make google scholar to recognize -just and only- the articles shared to all world in Colwiz.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Enhancing PDF saving

When saving a PDF on a drive, automatic naming based on cilation data will be great e.g. FirstName_date_title.pdf

Saving all the PDF from a folder at the same time will also be great - We may need to make a backup or to share a folder content.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Correcting details of an article

Some of the citation data may not be correct or incomplete. You have provided an option to edit the fields of each citation entry manual. Considering the tools already available in Colwiz, that is not an efficient solution. I am suggesting for you to make this correction of citation details automatic by using online searching of Google scholar or any other database where such information available.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Shemsedin,

Many thanks for your suggestion. We have a variety of exciting updates that are due for release in the coming weeks – please standby! Currently, using an article’s doi to source correct citation information through the 30+ databases in colwiz is a quick and easy method to update entries that display incorrect info.

Warm regards,
    colwiz Team

13. More powerful search function accross the entire app

I think BOTH the web-based app and desktop app need more powerful search across the entire article database; article keywords, abstracts, publication notes, text within the PDFs, internal PDF notes/highlights, etc. The internal PDF search is good for a single PDF, but this functionality needs to work in search for all available articles and content. As a writer/researcher I'm tying together ideas/notes from hundreds of articles and these need to be instantly searchable alongside the article content.

Google Drive is the only app that can satisfy this search requirement. If colwiz could take that functionality, or integrate with google drive,…

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Library  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Firstly, thank you for your valuable comments, such feedback is integral to continuous improvement of our software. Our search function is undergoing substantial modification at present. Currently we are focusing on expediting database searches to minimise delays when users search and add new references to their colwiz Library. This process is nearing completion, at which point we aim to incorporate more of the search functionality you describe, into both our Desktop and Web applications.

Regarding your side note, we agree that several companies fail to the hit mark by trying to address too many concerns through one application. However, we believe our core objective, which aims to accelerate research by providing reference management, collaboration and productivity features in an all-in-one workspace environment, will help save researchers time by not having to switch between applications. We recognise that some of our core features still require refinement, and are working hard…

14. Mac app - losing all annotation when a comment includes the double quote char

So I've been round and recreated the problem a few times so I'm happy its reportable.
    Although it seems like an issue that others would have hit already if it were a global issue.
    I'm finding that I lose all annotations to a pdf when I include a comment with the double quote (") character.
    I'm using version 2.13.
    Feel free to drop me an email if you would like more details.

Also on the suggestions front, a way to add links to annotations (to other docs in colwiz and urls) would save alot of time.

Great app tho,
    Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Many thanks for the support, we’re glad you’re enjoying using colwiz. Regarding the issue you have faced with annotation, this is unique at present but this has been reported to our support team, so they can flag up similar issues if they arise. If you need any assistance do not hesitate to contact support@colwiz.com, which is our dedicated support channel.

Your suggestion is a neat idea, I have passed this on to our developers for future implementation.

Kind regards,
    colwiz Team

15. Allow creating recurring events in calendar

Allow creating recurring events in calendar like regular group meetings

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

We understand the importance of this feature. Your request has been passed on to our development team for future integration. Please note there are a number of high priority cases we are dealing with at present, and as such we can not provide an accurate timeline for implementation of this function. Many thanks for the post!

colwiz Team

16. Bibtex code method to add papers

For example just by submit these codes to colwiz to import this paper

@article{PhysRevLett.110.168702,
    title = {Causal Entropic Forces},
    author = {Wissner-Gross, A. D. and Freer, C. E.},
    journal = {Phys. Rev. Lett.},
    volume = {110},
    issue = {16},
    pages = {168702},
    numpages = {5},
    year = {2013},
    month = {Apr},
    publisher = {American Physical Society},
    doi = {10.1103/PhysRevLett.110.168702},
    url = {http://link.aps.org/doi/10.1103/PhysRevLett.110.168702}
    }

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Library  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is a great idea, and one in fact we used to implement. However, due to low usage it was removed in a previous software update. Your idea request has been ticketed to our developers, so please keep an eye on our blog (http://blog.colwiz.com/) where forthcoming updates will be reported. In the meantime, you should be able to paste the code into notepad and manually assign ‘.bib’ to the resulting saved file, which you can then drag and drop into colwiz.

17. Allow more than one Group calendar

It is usefull to have a separate calendar for, e.g. for booking devices.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

That sounds like a neat idea – thanks for taking the time to post! I have passed your suggestion on to our engineers for possible future implementation. At present we are addressing high demand requests with first priority, but please be assured that your idea will be assessed by the development team.

colwiz Team

18. Smoother editing within the Desktop App

When viewing publications its quick and easy to add notes to an article, but the editor for everything else (keywords, authors, year, abstract, etc) is clunky and difficult to edit. Can this be improved?

Perhaps if the article info could be extracted from PDF uploads this would not be such an issue.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Many thanks for your feedback, it is invaluable to the improvement of colwiz. At present, we are undergoing some significant engineering changes, where we are implementing the modern utility of HTML5 technology in place of previously used Flash software. This should greatly enhance the features that are causing you concern.

To address your second question:

The colwiz Library is designed to extract metadata from an imported PDF. However, PDFs with illustrative content can cause issues for metadata extraction. In such instances, you can use the DOI search to append reference metadata to any article missing citation information, which is in your colwiz Library.

colwiz Team

19. 'Active' daily keyword searches

There is another reference manager which you can define a set of keywords. It obviously does an automatic daily trawl of a subset of the search engines and if there are any papers which match any of the keywords, it will add them to a folder in your library automatically, as well as sending you an email about the new papers.

I really like the interface, feel and usefulness, but I'm still torn between another reference manager and Colwiz because of the lack of this feature....

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Very glad to hear that you like our user interface. Coincidentally, our product team have had several recent discussions relating to your query. We are in the process of developing a variety of similar smart organisational mechanisms. Please check out our blog, where we will soon be posting new and upcoming releases (http://blog.colwiz.com/).

Warm regards,

colwiz Team

20. Citelighter like notes, send to word...

It would be awesome to create notes like in Citelighter, where we can later order and select the notes that we want to export to word with citations, this way we can research, read, annotate and at the same time we are already somehow creating the end document (paper, thesis...).

thank you.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Many thanks for your feedback! Your idea is similar to an ongoing development project our engineers are hard at work with. Please hold tight and I think you’ll be pleased with the results! Check out our blog, where we will soon be posting new and upcoming releases (http://blog.colwiz.com/).

colwiz Team

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

New Ideas and Suggestions

Feedback and Knowledge Base