New Ideas and Suggestions

Want to shape colwiz with your ideas? Let us know your ideas and suggestions, and together, we will make colwiz even more awesome!

I think...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Improvments on PDF Reader

The PDF Reader needs some improvments:

- Please make it faster and more fluid (both when openning documents and when scrolling through pages)
    - Make the highlighting tool more intuitive by allowing the user to select text and then highlight (the Apple iBook's way is really convenient in this regard) instead of drawing a rectangle!
    - Also please make the highlighting feature compatible to other apps, so if I import a pdf document with some highlighted text, done in say adobe reader, the colwiz reader should be able to recognise that and allow me to edit/remove it like the native…

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Library  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. In app pdf viewer

Instead of a separate app.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Integrated PDF reader for the Android app

Using a third-party reader is a bad idea because annotations can not be treated as meta-data that can be later used as such in the desktop app (they will just be embedded in the pdf files).

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Android Phone/Tablet  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. android app

The choices in the app are a little weak.
    I would like to add an folder for recently added and recently read.

But I love that I can use Adobe pdf Reader -- do not change that!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Android Phone/Tablet  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. advanced search function for desktop app

It would be great to enable searching through the local library specifically inside titles, abstract, journal names, etc.

THX a lot for colwiz! :)

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Couldn’t agree more. An advanced search option would do wonders for users of all types. It’s definitely something that’s planned and we’ll try to get it out as soon as we can.

Thanks so much for your input :)

7. Add smart collections

Collections are nice, but smart collections are better (collections automatically created based on keywords, search results, etc...).

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Library  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. advanced search for online and desktop

...great program but until it has advanced search functions like endnote I ca't use it. Hope it's added soon.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Read/unread differentiation

In Mendeley there is a column where you can see if you have read or opened an article or not. I think this functionality is so valuable and I would like to see it in Colwiz

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

Many thanks for taking the time to make this suggestion, which we agree would be a neat feature! This has been ticketed for future implementation with our development team.

Best wishes,
    colwiz Team

10. Show Tasks in Calendar

Currently we can't see our tasks deadlines on the calendar. It'll be cool if Task deadlines can be shown in the calendar as a separate calender.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Citation plugin for 'Pages' (mac writing software)

I started exploring your app yesterday, and as a PHD student I have to say it is by far the most useful citation software I have been able to find.

My suggestion->
    For the desktop app: Please provide 'cite as you write' or something similar that enable inserting citations, and adding bibliography automatically, for the 'Pages' writing software for Mac.

Also, I noted that annotations made in external editors display as 'strike-through' in mac desktop application, making highlighted text unreadable.

Thank you for a great application

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey there!

We’re humbled by your compliment. We put in a lot of effort to make sure that all the required features and necessary tools are built into colwiz. Feedback like yours is very valuable as it helps us do that.

As you are aware, colwiz supports Word, Open Office and LaTeX editors on Mac. We will certainly consider adding support for Pages in future.

We will keep updated on its progress and hopefully have it resolved by the time the next update rolls out.

Many thanks for the feedback. Stay in touch and have a great day :)

12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Yes indeed. Tasks for Calendar is definitely planned and hence it would fare better for all Group members to be able to view Tasks directly from the Calendar.

We’re currently in the initial phases of planning/designing for this feature so it may take a while before we have something to share. But do let us know if you have some more elaborate ideas of your own regarding the issue.

Thanks for posting! :)

13. Citation input for 'Pages' on Ipad (mini), or 'Copy citation' capacity

If its possible, can you please add some citation input capacity for the IPAD mini application, to function with 'Pages' writing software.

I would be happy if could be in the form of 'cite as you write' plugin, but if not possible, then a copy and paste function as exists in the desktop application.

Thank you

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  iPhone and iPad  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

As stated in our response to your previous suggestion, we’re looking into expanding our citation support for a range of different word processors and we will share more with you on this soon.

Thanks for writing to us :)

14. print out function for calendar

please install a proper printout function for the calendar - the virtual version does not work always and I want to keep printouts for documentation

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Sync between Sony Reader and Colwiz

I have a Sony Reader. It will be nice to provide some applications, where I can sync between my library in colwiz and Sony Reader, so that I can access my library wherever I go.This will also facilitate to use my library even when I dont have internet , for e.g. while travelling!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

While we currently don’t have plans to specifically incorporate the ability to sync with Sony Reader, we do have other alternatives for you for accessing your library while you’re traveling.

colwiz app can be used on iPhone iPad and we have an Android phone and tablet release coming very shortly.

• Don't see your idea?

New Ideas and Suggestions

Feedback and Knowledge Base